Wednesday, October 6, 2010

North vs. South

I was having a nice cocktail with my boyfriend and his friend the other night (his friend had on Gucci shoes; I felt so tacky in my Sperrys, but it was only a casual Chinese restaurant after all...) and we got into the topic of the North vs. the South. I told him how I missed the South - southern hospitality, not rushing everywhere, country music, warm weather, etc., and he just could NOT believe that someone originally from the North (Philly suburbs!) had been converted. I didn't even realize how defensive I got about the South until I thought about the conversation; my boyfriend just sat back and watched (smart, huh?)

What do you all like about the South? (Or North .. ) I just might need some more ammo for my next conversation on the topic ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the south. I have a few great family friends that live in Georgia and Alabama and visiting them is one of my favorite things! They are so hospitable, caring and I just love the culture. The midwest is made up of genuinely nice people for the most part but living in southern Indiana makes me just want to move farther south. I get called southern anyway so i may as well move there!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

I'm from the South and when I was first married we lived in New Jersey (a very pretty part) and for 2 years I was constantly asked "you're not from around here are you?" ......I finally started asking why and I got all sorts of answers like "well, you smile a lot" and "you're so friendly"..... How sad!

I just got my brand new Darius Rucker CD and he's got a great song on there called Southern State of Mind. Reminds me of this post!....
:)

Post a Comment