Monday, October 10, 2011

First Junior League meeting?

Good morning bloggyworld!
As of now, I am planning on going to the prospective member meeting for the Charlotte Junior League [[ .. I say planning on because after a phone call where the super sweet woman asked that I e-mail her so she could respond when she found out the meeting time, I still haven't heard back a week later .. ]] to see what Junior League is all about, this Thursday.

I have friends in two leagues in VA and one in Boston, who have all told me how fabulous the experience is, and how they've met their best friends through Junior League, so I am hoping I hear back as to what time the meeting is so I can attend!

That being said, does anyone who is in a league now have any advice? IE, what on earth am I going to wear?? I am assuming the meeting is somewhere around 6:00, since the woman said that was her best guess ..

6 comments:

Ashton said...

I am not a member of JL, but be yourself and I am sure you will be well received. As far as an outfit, I think you will be safe with a cute fall dress and boots. And pearls of course!

Unknown said...

Charlotte league is one of the best. You'll love it (my bff's sister was in it--she's a sustainer now). Call their office. Someone there can give you the time of the meeting. Have fun!

Emily said...

My mom was a junior leaguer in Charlotte, then when we moved to Greensboro she did it there too! She loved it. She worked with children in elementary schools and helped them with reading and money! It really taught her a lot! Be yourself and you will do wonderful! :)

Miss Southern Prep said...

I am definitely planning on joining the JL when I graduate! A few women in my family have been involved and have gotten so much out of it! They all rave about it!

katmcd said...

I used to serve on the membership committee for DC. The prospective meeting girls would wear their work clothes or jeans and a cute top. If Charlotte is like DC, they have a ton of girls coming to the first meeting so we aren't judging your look. Just bring questions if you have any.

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

I'm a Junior Leaguer in Northwest Arkansas! Welcome to the org!! Honestly, you can wear anything. Cute jeans and a top will work or dress slacks, if you prefer. You will LOVE the League...promise!

Post a Comment