Happy Monday y'all!
1. (I know, I know, but how else am I going to keep myself organized without these lovely numbers?) Okay, so it's Monday night, and I've been way slacking on blogging lately - but I've been following as much as I can, so I don't lose all credibility! I love reading about everyone's latest shopping finds and holiday plans - I can't wait for
Thanksgiving!
The boyfriend and I are going to do almost exactly 1000 miles between Wednesday and Sunday, which is crazy! I baked some muffins today that we can bring on the drive - pumpkin and cinnamon streusel - and while I cheated by making both out of a box, they turned out delicious! I'm lucky that his roommates eat anything though ... I'm just hoping they won't be all gone by Wednesday night!
2. My crazy roommate
I've lived with the best of the best. As a May 2010 graduate, I've lived with
(a) someone who don't shower for days at a time
(b) someone who constantly put me down and asked things like, "why do I look so skinny today?" or "why does every guy like me, it's so weird?"
and (c) someone who left with over $100 worth of my stuff ... knowingly.
but this one ...
![]() |
| mmm cake ... and so pretty! ok ok, back to focus ... |
takes the cake! I walked in the other day to find a handwritten note on lined notebook paper, dated, and underlined/bold all over. It said that I had burned her wok (ummm... pardon the ignorance, but I had no clue what a wok was until I asked my boyfriend later that night), burnt her pan, and drank her wine.
Ok, maybe the last two were true.
...HOWEVER...
~I let her know that I had burnt her pan, which was very flimsy and cheap, and that I would buy her a new one. She never bakes, so she wouldn't have noticed until long after I left, which is NEXT WEDNESDAY. But I'm not the type of person to do that, so I let her know. Unfortunately, my unemployed (read: poor college graduate) self has not gotten around to walking the 2.5 miles to Target just to buy her a new pan yet.
~In my defense of the wine, it had been sitting next to my wine rack, and my boyfriend opened it assuming it was mine. She has had the same 7 bottles since I moved into the apartment in JUNE and I figured the damage had been done and I'd replace it. A few days later, she leaves the note. Obviously I was going to replace it - like I said, I'm not the type to just ignore something like that. But when she accused me of drinking her $25 wine, boyfriend and I looked up the wine - it cost $8.00! I took it as karma for drinking her wine anyway, and let her know that I found the real price of the exact bottle, but would pay her for the wine (and wok, whatever that is...?) essentially just to shut her up.
![]() |
| I'd love to be at a vineyard right now, actually... |
She has yelled (literally) at me for loading the dishwasher a different way than her, not filling the ice trays to her preferred height, and leaving my keys on the table ... I'm not sure moving day next Wednesday can come soon enough!
Sorry to end on such a negative note, bloggyland - it's been a bit tense here at Chateau Argyle lately. I just know my next living situation will be better :)
Now I'm off to make a list of what I need to make hot chocolate tomorrow - I'm using this recipe!
hot chocolate is too good for just one picture!
SO, DEAR READERS...
now is your chance to share with me what you're most excited about for this upcoming week/weekend of Thanksgiving celebrating ... and comments to let me know I'm not an awful, wine-stealing roommate are always welcome!






3 comments:
You are most definitely NOT an awful, wine-stealing roommate. These roommates sound AWFUL! Why do people have to be so difficult sometimes? The best thing you can do is smile and pretend like they are sane, which to me it sounds like they aren't!
Your roommate sounds crazy! At least the end is in sight! I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving break!
haha your rommate does sound a little crazy :)
That cake is so pretty! :)
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Have a great New Years!
Post a Comment