Sunday, January 23, 2011

Journey On


 JOURNEY ON - TY HERNDON

Journey on - hold your head above the water
Journey on - you can weather out this storm
Journey on - there's a better day coming
A better world than you have ever known

Journey on - someone's waiting by the river
Waiting there to take you by the hand
So make the most of all that you've been given
Journey on.

Anybody's ship can take on water
You gotta make the choice to sink or swim
Just grab a piece of rubble from the wreckage
Journey on.

Too many times your heart will leave you stranded
You bear the scars of where you've been
Don't be afraid to ask for new direction
And journey on.




I think it's about time to end things with the boyfriend .. it's been almost 5 months and he just doesn't treat me right .. at all. I could bore y'all with examples but he complains about the food I make when I cook for him, what I'm wearing when I dress up, the people around us when we go out, etc. He's changed from the positive, fun guy I met into an easily frustrated, negative person who doesn't treat me well, so .. it's rough.

It's rough because I'm still in a new city where I don't know many people, and I love his friends and especially his entire family, and he talks about the future, and I know how he CAN be .. but one of my favorite people in the world from VA reminded me that these are all excuses, not reasons to stay with someone. She's right.

I read a fantastic, short but simple blog entry earlier today that said something like: Are you happy? If yes, keep doing what you're doing. If not, change something. I forget whose blog it was from, but it's so true.

THEREFORE. I have told him we need to talk. We were supposed to watch the football game together tonight but I decided to spend the night alone and really figure things out (i.e. watch Desperate Housewives and do my nails while, at the suggestion of Mrs. Kindergarten, wearing my pearls)!

I have talked to 3 of my closest friends today (in PA, TX and VA) and let me tell you, they made me feel so good. I am so appreciative of having them, and reading all of your sweet comments sure doesn't hurt! I have decided to take this opportunity to figure out what I really want to do with my life.






I am looking at going back to school in the next few years to get my Masters in Communications, and have been looking at schools in NC and SC, along with a few surrounding states. I just get happy thinking about going back to the South, so I know that's the right place for me.

If y'all know of any cute, single, 25-30yr old, respectful, athletic, humorous, appreciative guy, let me know :)
I'll sign off with a big


all for leaving such sweet comments lately, and I promise that things will get more upbeat from here on out!

Peace love and argyle

3 comments:

mFw said...

Oh you poor thing but the boy sounds a little off so I think its good you're realizing that now rather than later down the road. He's just one of the frogs. Hope tomorrow is better!!! Also, I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog!

Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled said...

You bet things will get better!
I just know your nails look fab what with wearin' your pearls! I too did my nails in a color I think you need..."I PINK I CAN." Now that should get ya a smile....I love the Keep Calm and Have a Cupcake. I have made over 3 dozen in the last week for various reasons. If the South is callin'....GO! As for the boy, if he's not the one...HE AIN'T. I knew my hubby was the first time I saw him, honest! We have been together 15+ years....and we still have a fabulous time together! Doesn't matter where or what, just as long as we are together! Do what your heart and head tell you to do! Have a HAPPY week!

Love,
Mrs. Kindergarten

Lauren said...

I saw this post of yours and am right there with ya girl! I love my life too, but am trying to figure it out too! And, I need help finding "any cute, single, 25-30yr old, respectful, athletic, humorous, appreciative guys" too! Cute blog!

Post a Comment