Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The search for a floppy hat

Oh my! I don't know what I did to my header (trying to make a cute argyle print clearly didn't quite work out) but I'll have to wait until tomorrow or Thursday's snow day

I'm hoping here, but the forecast is up to another foot



to have time to fix it.

Anyway, I have a question for all of you lovely readers. I want a hat. A big, floppy hat. I had a fabulous find last year at Vineyard Vines that was a floppy straw hat with either a daisy ribbon or a cocktail ribbon. Where did it go??? Does it just not come back on the website until warmer weather, or did I completely miss out on this fabulous opportunity? I know J. Crew has one for about half the price that is pretty cute, but I don't know that it's floppy enough - and there is no ribbon! Help me lovelies - what do y'all think?

Peace, love and argyle

10 comments:

Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled said...

Sugar, you can add grosgrain ribbon to any old hat! Just pick your pleasure at Hobby Lobby. Find hat first, then add ribbon....swap ribbons out to change color schemes! Fun times! Lord knows I can't live without ribbons!

Love,
Mrs. Kindergarten

Anonymous said...

I saw the floppy hats at the vineyard vines outlet in Orlando! I bet you could get ahold of them somehow and have them send you one!

Beth Dunn said...

I found a fab floppy hat at Petes surf shop in Northfield, NJ. So try surf/bathing suit shops and best of luck!
xoxo
SC

Anonymous said...

I love that look but feel that I can't quite pull it off. Hope you land the one you're looking for!

Miss Southern Prep said...

You could find a plain floppy hat and then add whatever ribbon you want to it! It will be adorable!

Moosette said...

Nothing comes to mind... but I will be on the lookout! But Miss Southern Prep has the right idea... maybe checkout F21 or H&M and then add your own ribbion detail??

Love the blog... I am your newest follower!

FashionGirl said...

Good post ;)<3

Check out my new post :
www.fashiongirl-fashionstarlet.blogspot.com

Follow me if you like I'll follow back ;)

Kisses

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Hello darling - I agree with Beth and Mrs. Kindergarden...check out surf shops or bikini stores (in person or online!) and you can always doll it up and personalize it with grosgrain! I promise to keep my eyes peeled for you though, the VV hat from last year was so cute, I totally remember it! :) Hugs!!!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Good morning doll - told you I'd be on the lookout for you! Go check out College Prep's blog ASAP - she has the BEST monogrammed floppy hat ever & you could totally add a grosgrain bow to it!! :) xoxo

Carole said...

Marley Lilly has some fabulous Derby floppy hats: http://www.marleylilly.com/ You can personalize with a monogram and add your own ribbons.
Here's the url for the plain hat: http://www.marleylilly.com/Monogrammed-Wide-Derby-Hat-4-Colors_p_121.html
And here's the link for my fave with a contrasting band: http://www.marleylilly.com/Monogrammed-Derby-Floppy-Hat-6-Colors_p_115.html

Have fun!

Post a Comment