Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday musings - missing the South, getting out of a slump, temp job, and RL sale.

Sigh.
I'm missing the South.
I would LOVE to live in, and someday WILL live in, NC or SC .. but I definitely want to visit TN as well!
 
I'm in a bit of a slump lately. BUT I am determined to get out of it! Starting... tomorrow.

That's right, lovelies - I am allowing myself a night on my own to paint my nails, watch some bad reality TV (that I fully admit I love) and just relax.

Between taking public transportation (I traveled almost 6 hours today just to go to my chiropractor appointment and an interview. Driving would have taken about 8 minutes to the chiropractor and about 25 to the interview. Thanks, Boston!) and the gloomy gray weather (does the snow ever go away up here??)
actual picture of snow in Boston!
and just being surrounded by the lifestyle of people always in a hurry and (for the most part) ungrateful and cold - I'm ready for a vacation! Example: I leaned over on the buss *shudder* today almost falling out of my seat to save a man's suitcase from falling onto the cold, wet floor - and he glared at me!
Mmm.. with a strawberry margarita in hand perhaps??


Sorry for the complaining, lovelies - it's been a long week!
Thankfully, things are looking up. 

I've decided to stop complaining and do something positive to change things. Therefore...
**I may bring my car up and just deal with paying the monthly insurance bill again. Ahh, but how I haven't missed those...
**It's time to inject some pink and green into my life! I am taking a trip to Lacoste and Vineyard Vines in a few weeks to satisfy my craving for some retail therapy. 

Don't these pictures just make you smile??


And last but not least, I'm starting a temp job for 4-6 weeks on Monday. Hooray for a paycheck! We all know what it will go towards, but still ... it will give me more time to look for a permanent job. 

Just thought I should share with y'all why I've been so M.I.A. I've been keeping up with reading everyone's blogs, and didn't feel like being such a downer on my own. So hopefully the next blog will be a little more focused, sometime around Valentine's Day, and will be what BF and I did, and what I splurged on for myself! 

Ooh, and on a totally unrelated note, Ralph Lauren is having a FANTASTIC sale right now - y'all should definitely go check it out! There are about 15 things I'd love to add to my closet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for getting out of a slump! I am definitely in one too- 5 1/2 years in school is not ok with me. Thankfully I'm on year 3 but not looking forward to the next 2 1/2. Sometimes we all need to complain about things! VV and Lacoste will definitely help!!

Miss Southern Prep said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been down lately! I completly understand, we all need to complain sometimes! Retail therapy always helps, so I say shop away!

Post a Comment