Saturday, February 5, 2011

Grad School .. but where?

I'm done with Boston. Done with the cold, the fast paced craziness, the sheer number of people, everything. I've been working at a university right next to Harvard Law (I briefly debated taking a picture while wearing a fabulous pink outfit next to the sign, a la Elle Woods) and it's made me miss school. I want to go get my Masters in Communication, so I'm starting my search!

Here are the schools I'm looking at, in no order at all: (all images from Google image search - I'm clearly not very technologically savvy)


Clemson University

Auburn University

Wake Forest University

North Carolina State University


East Carolina University

University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa


University of Texas at Austin
University of Memphis










 







































































































































































What do y'all think? Any thoughts on the schools or areas? Of course they're all in the south - I just can't wait to get back! Opinions please :) Of course I need to go to the best school for me, but I'd love to hear y'alls thoughts!

peace, love and argyle

7 comments:

mFw said...

I have a friend that loves Clemson for undergrad but she says the town is not really much of anything and very poor so I'm not sure it would be a good spot for grad school. Good luck that's so exciting!!!!

Seashells and Southern Belles said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Sweet of you! I'm partial to NCSU, but clemson, auburn, and Texas are good too! I've heard rumors that the communication dept at NCSU lost funding, so I'd check into that. I graduated in Communication there, so its sad to me! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Ah how exciting! Texas would be warm always, but going to an SEC school means great sports to cheer for :) Definitely go on visits!

Ashley Lauren said...

Choose Texas!!!!! Austin is amazing and UT is a phenomenal grad school. It's one of the original 8 public Ivy league schools. If you want to know anything about Texas/Austin/UT just email me girl! ashleylauren07@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

You have some stellar schools to choose form on your list, I can't really think of any to add that fit in that niche of more southern (warmer, yes!) that I personally know of, other than possibly Vanderbilt.

Love your blog, found my way here via Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore!
tp

Carole said...

Choose the school w/ the best placement and potential for networking. Communications is all about who you know (or to whom you are networked).

Good luck!

Dex said...

Just wandered over here from Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore... I am looking at the same thing, well not the same degree but am finishing up my third year at a north eastern university and am looking to spend a few years down south on the east coast.

After a bit of searching I have been most interested in University of Virginia, University of Kentucky, Clemson, University of Memphis and Louisiana State but I am interested to see what your readers have to say about the schools you are considering. Although I am going into a different area of study. My biggest reason for going down south is to get a taste of the different lifestyle so comments on campus life and atmosphere are of great interest to me.

Post a Comment