Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Texas!

Have y'all ever had a time when something just seems to follow you? ..That came out wrong. Let me explain. I was planning a FABULOUS trip to Houston, with a road-trip to Austin thrown in, with one of my closest friends (although sadly, seeing as she's in Houston & I'm in Boston, one of the farthest away). But, due to some issues, the trip I was so excited for isn't going to happen when we had planned (March 11-14, in time to catch Lady Antebellum at some huge concert fest in Houston, apparently...)

SO it's been postponed.








<<But ever since I let her know we'd have to wait a few months before buying me "starter" cowboy boots and drinking margaritas, I've been seeing Texas everywhere.>>




Texas OPI collection in all of my latest magazines ..
aren't these names adorable? I love "Do You Think I'm Tex-y?" and "Austin-Tatious Turquoise"




I bought muffin pans the other day and it wasn't until I got home that I realized they are HUGE - and the labels say, Texas muffin pans. Ahh .. everything's bigger in Texas. Right.

And then this morning I listened to random country on my computer while getting ready for work - and Oklahoma-Texas Line came on.

I think the universe is trying to tell me to go to UT@Austin .. or, at the very least, to go visit!
I'lll leave y'all with some fun pictures of Houston & Austin ..




 Don't tell me this all doesn't look like fun!
peace, love & argyle

6 comments:

Seashells and Southern Belles said...

I am madly obsessed with Texas! I live in NC but have gone 3 times and seriously would consider moving there. Every one is so nice and it reminds me of where I live now. and yes, every thing is bigger there and they have the most state pride I've EVER seen :-) Love it!

Beth Dunn said...

I'm dying to go to Austin!
xoxo
SC

Ramblin' Blonde said...

It's one of a kind! The "huge concert fest" Is the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo...There are rodeos everywhere in Texas!!

mFw said...

So fun!!! Tons of friends are from texas!!! Love the cowboy boots!!!

Ashley Lauren said...

I love this post!!!!!!!!!! Texas is the best ;)

Dex said...

Have been considering Texas as well I have been asking for feedback from some of my friends from down south who have experience with the schools I am looking at. Clemson, University of Alabama, Texas, University of Virginia and Louisiana State.

This is what I have heard back so far on Texas:

“i can give you input on UT since i've been there a few times and i also have a close friend that is going there now currently. the atmosphere is pretty good. everyone is always in a chill mood and having a good time. there's always something to do since the campus is in such a good location. you have 6th street which is where all the bars, clubs and stuff are. since UT is in Austin it's more of a hipster-ish place but it's still a good atmosphere. you would have to go for yourself and see how you like it”

“Only like 10% of UT rushes. Not big Greek life there. Austin is a weird city, lots of nightlife and a fun place, but full of hippies and liberals.”

Most of my friends are strongly recommending Virginia to me but most of them recommend U of T or Clemson as runner ups.

Post a Comment