Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Surprises & Themed Packages!

So today I was bored at work - it is a Wednesday, after all- and looking around CSN trying to decide what to buy with my giveaway winnings. Yes, that's right dolls, I won the giveaway from Let the Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore! I don't remember the last time I won something, so this was truly exciting - made better only by the fact that I found out while in the doctor's office. (I had 7 hours of being there, so it was a much needed generous surprise!) If y'all don't read her blog now, you definitely should - it is too cute - see her post on Prep-neck, for example.
And, looking at cookware/bakeware, it got me to thinking that I really want to do a little something nice for a few of my friends. So I'm putting together a little package for two of my closest friends- one in VA and one in Houston.

 Here's what I've come up with for my TX friend, who moved there this summer after 4 years in VT and is absolutely LOVING the weather (while I die of jealousy!)
1. Two nail polishes from this collection
2. These two lovely cookie cutters from TheCookieCutterShop.com
3. This will be such a fun one for her to decorate!
4. Lilly koozie from lifeguardpress.com - how cute! and I added in a few fun cocktail recipes
5. Not this ACTUAL cd, don't worry, but a fun summer country mix
6. and some cookie mix, of course, to be able to use those fun cookie cutters!
This is from topnotchgiftshop.com and a nice $150 but I'm going to make the picture into a gift tag - tres cute!
I'm doing a similar little package for my friend in VA, but instead of the country theme I'm doing nautical cookie cutters (I'm thinking a seahorse and a lighthouse or starfish) and different nail polishes, along with the pillow for Virginia. I can't wait to get these together and sent off, though it might have to wait until the weekend. I also found cute cocktail napkins to go with this package from curlygirldesign.com that say: life is far too short not to have a little umbrella in your drink. Agreed!

Do you all have any fun little ideas for sending surprises?
peace, love and argyle

4 comments:

Seashells and Southern Belles said...

Love this idea! I heart Texas!

Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Lauren said...

I LOVE THE TEXAS PILLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

One of the OPI colors is Big Hair Big Nails - I love it and the name!!
Really cute gifts!

Post a Comment